I’ve got a story up at a food website out of Los Angeles, Zester Daily, about what it is really like to eat in a small town with agricultural roots, one that has transformed itself to a kind of food heaven.
It’s called “Eating Big in a Small Oregon Town,” and I’d like you to know I picked that heading myself 🙂 After all, I did move here when I was two months pregnant…
This is the first in a long series of articles I’ll be writing for Zester Daily about food and drink in Oregon. I jumped on as a regular contributor this month and am excited to be sharing everything I know about the sensual way of life on the edge of the Pacific.
In case you’re done reading me wax rhapsodic about small-town food scenes and are looking for my top food picks in McMinnville, here’s a few.
1. The beef tartare at Thistle.
2. Cupcakes at The Sage.
3. Garden chop salad at Community Plate.
4. Tonnarelli with meatballs at Nick’s Italian Cafe.
5. Anything and everything at Bistro Maison.
6. Ethiopia Yergacheffe latte at Chrysalis Cafe.
7. Spicy eggplant tofu at Thai Country Restaurant
Been to any of these and have another favorite? Let me know! I am a creature of habit and can sometimes have trouble not getting my favorites, so I’m eager to hear about yours!